India v Pakistan, World Twenty20 final, Johannesburg,

INDIA vs PAKISTAN
Final, ICC World Twenty20 2007 ,Sep 24, 2007, New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
India 157/5 (20/20 ov)
Pakistan 152 (19.3/20 ov)

India won by 5 runs and becomes the first twenty 20 champion :)

Cricket videos and Match Scorecard

Dhoni Lifts the first Twenty20 WorldCup
Indian National Anthem
WorldCup Winning Catch -Sreesanth
Last Over Pak Innings
India Pak Highlights
Presentation Ceremony
Presentation Part1 Part2
India Pakistan Match Highlights Part1
India Pakistan Match Highlights Part2.
Irfan Pathan Man of the match
Irfan's Magic spell
Man of the Series Shahid Afridi
All Pakistan Wickets

Celebrations all over india
Celebrations at Ganesh Mandap
Hyderbad : Part1 -- Part2 -- Part3 -- Part4 -- Part5
Nagpur--Manipal-- Pune-- Chandighar
Wanderers Stadium
Presentation ceremony :
Shoaib Malik "First of all I'd like to thank people back home and the Muslims around the world. We gave our 100%," he says. "India have a strong batting line-up. We did well to restrict them to less than 160 but our batting didn't come through. The Indians bowled really well and we played some bad shots. That's why we ended up on the losing side in this game."

The Man of the Match award goes to Irfan Pathan who says: "It's a great comeback for me. I held my nerve and bowled in the right areas. The pitch was a bit on the slower side. It gripped a bit when I bowled slower balls. I tried to mix up the pace and keep things tight. In the end it could have gone any way. The bowlers all did really well when Misbah was batting well. We played as a team and we won."

The Player of the Tournament award goes to Shahid Afridi who says: "Winning and losing is part of it. But we played really good cricket. Congratulations to the Indian captain and the whole team. I struggled a bit with my batting but I concentrated on my bowling."

Mahendra Singh Dhoni "It's one of the things I will treasure for the rest of my life. I'd like to congratulate the boys and thank them for the response they have given me. No-one expected us to win and the way we played today we deserve a big celebration. Pakistan bowled really well today in the second half. But we knew we had runs on the board and we could bring some pressure on the batsmen. Bhajji was not 100% sure of getting yorkers in the death. I thought I should throw the ball to someone who really wants to well in international cricket. Jogi did a really good job."

The fireworks go off and the Indians celebrate wildly on the podium. New has just come in that the Board of Control for Cricket in India has announced a bonus of US$ 2 million for the team and a bonus of Rs 1 crore to Yuvraj Singh for his achievement of hitting six sixes in one over.

0 comments: